Conbar® for Brittle and Crocant
Sollich has developed a special Conbar® bar plant for high temperature boiled sugar materials. The high processing temperatures necessitate processing parameters other than those used with soft sugar materials. A distinction is made between nut brittle and toffee brittle. A high temperature boiled sugar material is used as a binding agent for nuts or sesame in the case of nut brittle.
Toffee brittle contains milk and fat in addition to sugar material and can be mixed with finely chopped nuts or almonds. Products of this nature are characterised by a high heat resistance. Depending on the type of product we also supply the whole cooking unit, in batches or continuously from the Chocotech Candy Division.
- direct feed from the cooking plant or the mixer without the need for interim cooling
- cooling and moulding in a single machine
- gentle moulding without pressure, without changing the weight or structure of the mass
- easy changeover between products or changes to the product mass
Alternative Conbar® roller formers
The following Conbar® roller formers are available for manufacturing nut crocant bars, brittle mass bars and toffee crocant bars:
- Conbar® roller former Type WEB for forming a toffee crocant slab or for pre-forming the nut crocant slab
- Conbar® pressure roller for calibrating the pre-formed nut crocant slab to the desired thickness and width
- Conbar® profiling roller for profiling the calibrated slab into semi-circular or differently shaped cross-sections
Type SMB - Brittle
For continuous mixing of ingredients with high boiled sugar masses as binder.
Conbar® bar manufacturing lines may be extended with mixers, cooling tunnels, cutting plants and chocolate refining equipment.
The relevant cooking equipment is available in the range of products supplied by our subsidiary company CHOCOTECH.